Monday, May 1, 2017

"Tank Girl"

My first impressions of this comic are mixed. It is very gritty and action packed, you can definitely tell that this is aimed towards a male audience. It almost reminds me of Mad Max. The art style is so rough and packed full of scratchy detail. Tank Girl herself is loud, proud and extremely reckless. Her design is unique and I can see the influences in modern media. For example, in Deadpool her design resembles Negasonic Teenage Warhead. Also the new Mad Max movie references Tank Girl heavily. The post apocalyptic theme has been extremely popular lately.
This comic has outrageous characters. The anthropomorphic characters are especially interesting. The designs are creative and different and Tank girl appears to change outfits every few pages. That gives the work a refreshing quality. I hate it when a character only has one specific design or outfit. Dressing them differently give more of a feel for their personality and how they express themselves.
The actual plot is a little hard to follow. From what I’ve read so far all she seems to do is go around causing destruction. It’s mostly action and ridiculous scenarios. It’s hilarious at times and kind of disturbing others.
I love comics with bad ass female leads and this catches my eye. I had heard of Tank Girl before but I never got around to reading it. If I have time I might continue it later on over the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment