Monday, May 1, 2017

"Rat Queens"

I loved this comic. The art style is similar to mine and that resonated with me. The fantasy genre has always interested me and reading this that concept comes across very strong.
The facial expressions are strong and aesthetically pleasing; the variety of body types, species and races is greatly appreciated. It has a solid plot and good breaks in between action sequences.
The chemistry between Tizzy and Hannah is awesome and is well written. They always take verbal shots at each other while in the middle of a fight. Again, it’s a good break from the action of the battles. Clashing personalities are used a lot, sometimes overused; but Tizzy balances out Hannah and that helps the story flow.
In terms of theming it is a cross between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings but with badass female leads.
Some of the transitions could have been a little clearer. I was lost at one point but it came back around and I found my place again.
This deals a lot with sacrifice and impulse decision making which are good topics to talk about. I recommend this and I plan to continue reading this when I have time in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment