Monday, May 1, 2017

"Death Note"

Re Reading Death Note made me flash back to my freshman year of highschool. I was really into manga at that time of my life and I kinda still am today. I started out with the cliche “How to Draw Manga” book and started getting more serious as I started to figure out that art was something that I wanted to make a career out of.
Death Note was also one of the first anime’s that I watched. Personally I feel it was pretty close to the manga but others can fight me about it. Now the fact that Netflix is coming out with a live action version with a terrible cast and the fact that they’re changing the story and I can list all 1,000,000 problems wrong with it but I won’t…………..
Re reading  made me re examine Light’s character and how he came to be Kira. Light appeared to be more innocent to me the first time but knowing who he becomes it kind of makes sense. His transformation and perversion of his morals speak to the nature of humanity. How we strive to rid the world of evil but in the process we become evil ourselves. Ryuk was the best part of the series hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment