Monday, May 1, 2017

"Alice in Sunderland"

This has to be one of the trippiest comics I have ever read. There were so many colors and subject matters that it was almost overwhelming. It didn’t help either that the art style changed every page. In my opinion it was a mess. It did however give a valuable history lesson. I learned things that I never knew before. The history events also went chronologically, so at least I wasn’t confused about that part.
I liked the art style that was somewhat consistent though. I feel that people need a better lesson in history so if this is what it takes for people to get knowledge then that’s okay with me.
Using actual images and cutting and pasting them together is a good way to get away with not drawing anything. The comic was fairly long so That’s understandable.
I feel that the main audience member represents the general population in terms of learning and understanding history and art. He starts off rude and ignorant and stays that way through most of the work. The stubbornness of the man in the audience is compared to the desire of the stage performer trying to get him to appreciate something that used to be so popular.

I would have liked it to be a little bit shorter and a little clearer but otherwise it was really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment